Blinds are one of the best window treatments used to block light, add privacy, reduce noise, and maintain the room’s temperature. People now prefer blinds over curtains because of their numerous functions and their fabulous looks.
But the only thing that is annoying about blinds is that they are somewhat tricky to install, especially when you are installing them for the first time. Many people ask if there is any way to install the blinds without drilling holes.
Yes, there are some very easy methods that help people install blinds without drilling holes. If you want to know about all these methods, then this article is going to be very informative for you because I am going to tell you the 4 easiest methods to hang blinds without drilling holes.
Easy Methods to Hang Blinds Without Drilling Holes
Here are some of the easiest methods to hang blinds without drilling holes.
If you want to install blinds temporarily on the windows or if you have metal doors or windows in your home, then magnetic blinds are the best choice because they are very easy to install. Magnetic blinds come with 3 to 4 magnetic brackets. Some brands also have magnetic disks. They both work in the same way.
The installation of these blinds is very quick. Here are some steps for the installation of magnetic blinds.
- Attach the magnetic brackets to the roller blinds.
- Add brackets on both the corners of the blinds and then the remaining brackets in the middle of the blinds at an equal distance.
- Then attach the blinds to the metal frame of the window or door.
- The installation of the magnetic blinds is completed.
You can see how easy it is to install these blinds. When installing magnetic blinds, the only thing that you need to pay attention to is the quality of the blinds. The blinds and magnets must be of very good quality because the low-quality blinds have very weak magnets and they fall in just a day or two.
The other method Hang Blinds Without Drilling Holes is a tension rod. Blinds can also be installed with tension rods inside the window frame. This is also a non-drilling method for the installation of blinds. In this method, you just need to follow the following steps.
- Measure the width of the window properly and also of the window frame. Because you have to select the width of the bedroom blinds and tension rods accordingly.
- Then expand the tension rod and fix it in the upper hole of the blinds.
- Now fix the rod in the window frame. Make sure that the rod is balanced and straight.
- In some models, there is a need to turn one side of the rod to fix it into the wall.
Tension rods are best for hanging blinds or curtains in the bathroom on two perpendicular walls. By installing blinds with tension rods, you don’t need to drill holes in the tiles of the bathroom.
If there is a need for blinds on PVC windows and French doors, then clip-in blinds can be ideal for them. These blinds come with brackets or clips and have proper instructions for the installation process. Here are some instructions for hanging the clip in blinds without drilling any holes.
- Carefully put the clips between the window and the rubber seal.
- Try to use more than 4 to 5 clips.
- Then attach the blinds to the clips.
- The installation is finished.
When the blinds are completely installed, they don’t look like blinds, but they become a part of the window. These blinds give a very elegant look to the windows and the room because they are completely fitted with the windows.
Peel and Stick Blinds
Peel and stick blinds come with an adhesive strip. The strip is along with the headrail. These blinds can easily be trimmed because they have a trimming scale. They are mostly made of paper and can easily be cut to the required size. For their chopping, there is just a need for a kitchen knife.
Here are the steps for installing peel and stick Venetian blinds on the windows.
- First, clean the surface completely where you have to stick the blinds. There should be no dust or grease. The surface should be completely dry.
- There is a protective liner on the adhesive strip of the blinds. Remove this layer.
- Now stick the blinds against the window or door.
- Press the blinds for a few seconds, and the blind installation is completed.
These blinds are mostly reusable. If you move your room, you can reinstall them in another room by attaching a new adhesive strip to them.
How to Hang Regular Blinds without Drilling?
There are also other options besides magnetic blinds, such as peel-off blinds, clip-in blinds, and tension rods. You can use this method Hang Blinds Without Drilling Holes, which are usually installed by drilling holes.
There are a few things needed for the installation of the blinds without drilling holes.
- Double Coated Tape or Double Faced Tape
- Spirit level
Steps for Installation
Here are the steps for the installation of regular blinds using double-faced tape.
- First, clean the surface completely where you have to install the blinds. Make sure that before hanging blinds, the surface is completely dry.
- Now measure the height of your blinds’ headrail and then cut the vertical strips of tape by using scissors according to the height of the headrail.
- Remove one side of the protective liner of the tape and stick the tape to the headrail at an interval of 20 to 30 cm. If your blinds are heavy, then you can shorten the distance.
- Press the tape firmly to the headrail so all the strips completely attach to it.
- Now take a spirit level and a pencil and mark the exact position where you want to hang the headrail of the blinds.
- Now remove the other side of the protective liner from the headrail and adhere the headrail to the marked line.
- Then wait nearly 48 hours for the headrail to be completely fixed in place before installing blinds to the headrails.
This method is very effective, and the blinds are not fixed to the window. You can enjoy the outside environment by closing the blinds very easily.
Now you know all the methods of how to Hang Blinds Without Drilling Holes. Now choose the best method for your blinds and install them without damaging your walls. Best of luck with the installation of your blinds.