Window blinds are helpful for us to tackle many situations. They perform excellent functions like maintaining privacy, filtering natural light, and keeping your house cool during summer or hot weather.
Blind play an essential role in isolating your home and helps you in reducing the electricity bills in summer because you don’t need to run the air conditioner all the time to make your room cool.
But the question pop-up in mind “How to Fix Broken or Bent Window Blinds?” Blinds are expensive and need extra care to give proper functioning throughout the years. But if you have kids and pets in the house, and if they are so naughty, they always try to get into the blinds.
This act can cause damage to the blinds when the blind is not working perfectly. Your privacy, decor, and comfort will be compromised. Some people worry about blinds can be repaired or not. Don’t worry about it because you can fix the damaged window blinds yourself.
Have A Look At How To Fix Broken or Bent Window Blinds
Many people take too much stress when their window blinds are damaged, and they don’t know how to fix the window blinds and overcome this damage.
In today’s article, we will tell you about some tips and tricks on How To Fix Broken or Bent Window Blinds? that will help you repair damaged window blinds. Let’s take a loop at them one by one.
1. How to Fix Bent Blinds
For fixing the bent blinds, you can repair them by following the instructions. Remove the blinds from the Window Frame. Then check the damage and make possible decisions to help you in the repairing process.
We will discuss the problems of various blinds and provide solutions for overcoming the loss. There are a few examples given below with the solutions:
1. Repair Venetian Blinds
If your Venetian blinds got broken or bent, then you can repair blinds by using some amazing tricks. You can easily smooth the bend to its position by applying heavy pressure on it.
If the slats of Venetian blinds are curved, we can use a dowel to give the previous shape to your blinds.
2. Fix Vertical Blinds
You can easily Fix Broken or Bent Window Blinds, repair the bends from the vertical blinds for that purpose. Follow these instructions:
- First, remove all the bent vertical blinds and the 4 unbent panels.
- Fill a bathtub with hot water.
- Take the bent blinds into the water for two minutes.
- Remove the blinds from hot water after 2 minutes.
- Now take these bent blinds between the 4 unbent panels and clamp them together using clips.
- Repeat this process until all panels become straight.
- Dry all the panels with a soft cloth before reinstalling them in your windows.
3. Repair Roller Blinds
Roller blinds have the most common issue: the fabric roll is getting stuck and unable to move.
This problem is mainly caused by the spring used inside the chain drive, which can be replaced easily. We can easily repair these blinds by simply changing their moving spring.
4. Fix Aluminum Bent Blinds
You can fix your aluminum bend blinds easily by following the step given below:
- First, remove the blinds from the window.
- Now put on lightweight gloves for protection because the edge of aluminum blinds is so sharp that it can harm your hands.
- Then take the damaged slat and place it on a flat surface.
- Try to make the bent surface smooth and straight by giving the pressure by the dowel on the damaged slat. You can also give pressure by using a ball that you can rollover the damaged surface of the blind.
- Repeat this action to unbent all the bent slats of the blinds.
2. Fix the Broken Blinds
The question about how to Fix Broken or Bent Window Blinds? people get confused about whether they themself can solve this problem. In this helpful guide, we will discuss this problem and its solutions.
You can also repair the broken blinds instead of paying a hefty amount for purchasing the new ones. There are various types of blinds, and each has unique characteristics and also needs other techniques for repairing. Let’s look at multiple types of broken blinds with the solutions on how to repair blinds:
1. Broken Vertical Blinds
If you face the problem, the slats of the vertical blinds are broken. Then there is a simple and better solution for repairing even the broken vertical blinds. Use these tips to fix blinds that are broken:
- Remove the broken slat from the window.
- Take a new single slat from the market and install it in that place.
- Align it in the right place and give it the same look as the previous one.
- If you have over one broken slat in your vertical blinds, repeat the action.
2. Repair Broken Cord of Roman Blinds
Some people face the problem that the cord of their roman blind is broken and they don’t know how to Fix Broken or Bent Window Blinds? This problem is caused because of the repetitive pulling force given to the cord. You can solve this problem by removing the old cord with the new one. Follow these steps:
- Buy a new cord for roman blinds.
- Remove the blinds from the window frame.
- Unloop the damaged card from the blinds.
- Replace the old cord with the new cord.
- Thread it with all the loops again.
3. Repair Pleated Shades
Pleated shades can also be repairable with some easy steps. The common repairing mechanisms include replacing a broken string, replacing the worn cord, installing new mounting brackets, etc. There is an example of repairing a broken string of pleated shades. Follow the instructions:
- Remove the shade from the window.
- Remove the broken string.
- Install a new string inside the shade.
- Thread the new string with the restringing needle.
- Put the shade back on the window frame.
4. Repair Mini Blinds
If you are facing a broken slat of your mini blinds, you can easily repair it by doing simple and easy steps. Most manufacturer companies provide additional slats at the bottom of the blinds, which can be used to repair the broken slats. Follow the instructions and repair your broken mini blind slat.
- Take a new slat that you can replace with the damaged one.
- Now remove the button found at the bottom of the blinds and use a screwdriver for removing the plugs.
- Now pull the cord out and untie the knots.
- Then remove all the slats one by one until you reach the damaged slat.
- Remove the damaged slat.
- Replace the broken slat with the new one by inserting it into the tilt ladders.
- Thread the cord back through the routed holes.
- Now insert the rail back and check if the cord is moving or not.
- Then tie the cords again and insert them back to the bottom rail of the blinds
- Insert the button back to the bottom rail of the blinds.
This is all about repairing window shutters and window blinds of various types, either bent or broken. I hope this article will be helpful for you in How To Fix Broken or Bent Window Blinds. If you don’t understand something or have any queries regarding this, you can ask us by posting a comment.